For my blog’s purposes, I usually keep my mouth shut about things like politics. My blog is about fashion, so I don’t think it’s my place to bombard you with my politics. However, regardless of whether you’re a Republican or Democrat, I think it’s extremely important to vote. Even if you aren’t interested in politics, I’m sure there’s at least one issue that is important to you. That’s why I’m asking you to register to vote and make your voice heard : )
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged Fashion, Forum, J.Crew, Kate Spade, lands end canvas, michael kors, MICHAEL Michael Kors, polyvore, Ralph Lauren, style, tory burch on September 15, 2012 | Leave a Comment »
With the wettest June in UK records, and no sign of improvement for the next few weeks, handbags-at-dawn thought we’d tackle the issue of rain and leather handbags.
Leather is a fantastic and durable natural product, it is unlikely that a few spots of rain will damage a leather bag, a good quality leather will normally react in a natural way, and lets the water evaporate on it’s own.
Today’s Delight of the Day is the Maritime Striped Cotton-jersey Dress by J.Crew, $98. I’m slightly upset that I just purchased a similar dress from Ralph Lauren, as I adore the anchor detail in the front! This dress is super cute, and the high hemline balances out the looser look. You can always have it taken in on the sides though or pair with a skinny belt so it doesn’t look baggy. Bon voyage!
When my stepson graduated from college in December, he had not yet found a job and — like a growing number of unemployed college grads — he moved back home. However, unlike many parents in this situation, his father and I politely informed him that he could live at home rent-free for six months before we’d start requesting that he pay for his space in the house.
If you’re a blogger and you haven’t already, you should definitely check out Influenster. First you sign up, then you basically unlock some badges so they can individualize your package, they send you a package full of fun free stuff, and you review it! It couldn’t be simpler. I received my first package yesterday, and I am SO thrilled!
- Sheer Cover Duo Concealer: This stuff is like gold. It covers every flaw (including my dark circles!) but doesn’t have a heavy feel to it. I like to keep my makeup very light, and this fits in with my routine perfectly.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash: This stuff smells phenom, and it left my skin silky smooth. I will definitely buy this the next time I run out of body wash.
- Dr. Scholl’s Ball of Foot Cushion: I’ve used these before, but this version is new and improved. Whereas the older model sometimes made it so my shoes were too tight, these are thin enough that it isn’t a problem. These will make wearing your favorite shoes so much more comfortable! I tried them out last night with my new Webster Collection Wedges from Target, and my feet felt great this morning.
- ChapStick Lip Shield 360: ChapStick created this balm to be used year-round, and it contains antioxidants and Vitamin E. Plus, it’s SPF 50, which is kind of amazing, as all of my current ChapSticks are SPF 15. It has a light lemony flavor that isn’t at all overwhelming, and this is exactly what I needed for my beach trip.
- Sally Hansen Salon Effects: I was definitely excited to try this out. I love the idea that it can last for up to ten days ! While the color isn’t exactly my style, I’m always up to try something new. The directions were really great and made application simple. Also, everything looked flawless – as if I had gotten them done professionally. However, within a few hours, it was already peeling off. I’ve included two photos – one taken a few minutes after I applied everything, and another one taken two hours later. I don’t know if maybe I botched the application and that’s why this didn’t work, or if this is what everyone has been experiencing. If you’ve tried them, let me know! I’d be interested to see what others think.
- Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in Moonlight Path. Bath & Body Works describes this as, “Notes of French lavendar, lilly of valley, oak moss and musk are blended in this deeply romantic fine fragrance.” I’m not usually a mist person, but this stuff smells amazing. It’s very sultry, and I love it for summer nights! I wore it out last night, and I got so many compliments from everyone. Plus, new boy was smitten; I credit this mist!
- And a Strawberry Soyjoy Bar (130 calories, 5 g fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 220 mg potassium, 17 g carbs, and 4 g protein): I was kind of iffy about this, as some of these health bars are kind of hit or miss, but this was pretty tasty. I think I’ll buy a few to put in my Kate Spades for those days I’m running around.
Meet Kim, the author of Preppy Delight, a preppy blog geared towards the ladies, but you'll find the occasional male-oriented post as well. For the guys it's the perfect site to find a gift for any of the ladies in your life. For the ladies the items in Kim's "Delight of the Day" posts are the perfect additions to your wardrobes.